Casper Peters - Find my way 1970

This song was written by Johnny Melfi. Many people learnt this song by Cameo in 1977. However In 1974 the group started under the name New York City Players which was formed by 23 members. The drummer Larry Blackmon collaborated with Johnny Melfi and the group under the name The Players released a single  entitled "Find my way / Good Company" on a new label called Chocolate City Records. Distributed by Casablanca Records. This release was the first by the label.


Both of these songs were produced by Larry Blackmon and Johnny Melfi.

The group soon changed its name to Cameo after concerns that "New York City Players" might cause confusion between them and the funk band Ohio Players.
In 1977 Cameo again released "Find my way" on the album entitled "Cardiac arrest".




Cameo re-released this song on the album "Secret Omen" in 1979

However how many people really know there is another version by unknown singer called Casper Peters who released it in 1970 on Enterprise Records. Casper Peters released a single "Find my way / April". Distributed by Stax Records. Produced by Steve Cropper and Don Nix.



When I heard this song I did not believe that it was released in 1970. Fantastic arrangements for as early as 1970. Amazing backing vocals.



Note: The above posted single is not played in full


# Original recording by the group called The Tymes in 1969 on Columbia Records. Also you can check another version by the female group Three Degrees in 1972 on Roulette Records.


## I want to thank jayinches for his info

Comments

jayinches said…
Not heard the Casper one before. There is a great version of Find My Way by The Three Degrees from 1972 on Roulette
HollyLuya said…
Casper Peters is my Dad. Richard Nelson. Please email me if you want to learn more. hollyluya@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp