John Rowles - Rhythm of the city 1980

Although my article is about John Rowles and the album "Rhythm of the city", I must mention some words about my favorite composers, H.B.Barnum and Walter Johnson.


Since a long time ago, I have been collecting vinyls which include songs that were written by H.B.Barnum and Walter Johnson. Some of them are O.C.Smith album of 1982, Louis Dyer 45"Waymond Hall 45", Maurice Davis 45" and John Rowles album of 1980. Of course there are more records either rare or not  in which H.B.Barnum and Walter Johnson are composers.


John Rowles was born on 26th March 1947 in Whatakane and raised in Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty. He started to sing at the age of ten years old. At the age of 16 years old, he started to play guitar at a club.  John's first release as a solo singer was released in 1966. Later he tried to enter in the British market. The first release in England was released in 1968.
In the early 70s he also toured in various countries such as Germany and Spain and sang in several hotels across the USA. He released many albums and singles in his career. However I will focus in the album "Rhythm of the city"  which was released on Paradise Productions in 1980. This album was produced by the great H.B.Barnum.


It was recorded at Barnum Recording Studio, Hollywood, California. Walter Johnson was accociate producer. Apart from Billie Barnum, Sara Kane and Pat Henderson who were backing vocalists, the album doesn't mention the musicians that participated on the album.
H.B.Barnum and Walter Johnson wrote five out of the eight songs of the album. I have chosen three songs entitled "I"ll live without love" , "You and I" and "Beautiful lady".







First of all, I want to thank Walter Johnson for all the kind comments to me. Finally, I dedicate to him the song "Rhythm of the city".


Note: The above posted tracks are not played in full

Comments

walter johnson said…
My Eternal Friend ,you made my day,Ive been trying to hear this songs again for so many years, Im extremely proud of these songs and working with John was great,Rythem of the city is still my favorite song on the album, if you could add this to the list,I would be so happy ,your friend Walter"Big Walt" Johnson
BoogiE said…
hé hé ...... fantastic music ;)
walter johnson said…
greetings BoogiE,HOW ARE YOU
Exclusive Music said…
Walter, if you need that song, let me know in my blog
walter johnson said…
Greetings Exclusive Music, Thank you and ITS great to meet all my new bloggers friends,God bless you.
cdsearcher said…
I just stumbled upon John Rowles in a 2008 NZ movie, Bloody Awesome! Could you please post this entire album?? This kind of Talent should not be relegated to the Vinyl obscure bin! Please PLEASE share! Thank you! - Peter

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp