Breaking News - Announcement


Hello my friends, I am in the unpleasant position to announce sad news. The legendary, prodigious drummer and singer of jazz music Grady Tate died on Sunday at his home in Manhattan. He was 85. Grady Tate has affected my musical life because for many years I was looking for a rare vinyl record which includes a fantastic song that today is one of my all-time favorite songs. In 1984 the composer, producer and guitarist of jazz music, Rudy Stevenson booked the A&R Recording Studio in New York City so as Grady Tate and Gwynne Micheals-Hearns to record his songs "Love Wind" and "It's Time To Settle Down". Both songs were included on the vinyl record which was released on Zeus Records. During my effort to find the vinyl record, Rudy Stevenson and the trumpet player Barrie Lee Hall Jr died. I had tried to come in contact with them before they passed away.  I found the vinyl record in 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arnie Love & The Loveletts - Me, Myself & I

The Muglestons - The Muglestons 1977 Lp

Sir James Randolph - The Sophisticated Funk of James Randolph 1981 Lp